Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Heavy Heart

Decided to go ahead and get up because I can't sleep. It is tormenting to lay there and be thinking of a million things. I've been here many times before but this time I have a sick feeling in my stomach. I want to be still and be able to listen, taking consideration of what God lays on my heart but thoughts keep swirling through my head so quickly that I can't discern from worrying to realistic concerns.
My husband got a job offer yesterday afternoon. Hurray! an answer to prayer, you say? Yes, I should be thankful for the Lord providing so quickly. And thus should be the end of my post. BUT and this is a very big but, it requires moving to Evansville, IN. A town I am familiar with, only from seeing it from my car window growing up many times as we drove through, when traveling to and from my relatives. It is another position with Lifetouch. Seems to be a place where a lot of opportunity lies ahead. This isn't a pay raise, just a lateral move from a company owned territory to a commission based territory. The manager there has a heart for the Lifetouch employees that are being layed off and wishes to hire someone from within the company. He passed up two other possible candidates to talk to John, knowing of his Lifetouch history and reputation.
So here are my thoughts. I am excited for John. I desire for him to be successful and in a place where he is valued and appreciated. I want more than anything for him to be in a positive work environment and in a job that gives him pleasure and fulfillment. I have come to realize that he truly enjoys what he does.
I also know the struggle that lies ahead. I can deal with the packing, the goodbyes, being a single parent for the next few months, but I NEED to know that this is from God. We want to follow if this is where he is leading us. But in my human mind it seems too soon. I wonder why we came to NC in the first place. I have to admit I always knew deep down that we would not be here forever. I have to swallow the words that I once spoke to a friend, telling her that this was just a a stepping stone that was going to lead us somewhere else. Did I really mean that? Was that God's way of preparing my heart for the things that would come?
I guess writing this out gives me some clarity or at least makes me feel better. I will petition your prayers for our transition. I am asking that the Lord will give us 100 percent affirmation by releasing us from the lease on the rental house we are currently in and by providing the perfect housing situation for us in IN as quickly as he has answered our prayers for a job. I am also trusting that HE will once again provide the moving expenses we will need to get there.

5 comments:

Blessed Mommy said...

I am so sad to see you go from NC, but like you said...I knew it might not be forever. A friendship and bond like we have that was founded on God's love will endure all things and even moves across the U.S. or world! I am praying for you and I always will. I am praising our Father for the job opportunity he has given John so quickly....he hears an answers our prayers! May His will be done in your life and may He affirm this move as quickly as he provided a new job! I love you girlfriend, wherever you are!!!

Carl said...

I'm both overjoyed and saddened from your news. I rejoice that the Lord provided John employment so quickly. "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

We will miss having you all so close and enjoying the sweet fellowship that our families have shared.

I pray for an easy transition to Indiana for you, John, and the girls. Your family has been such a blessing to us that words cannot describe what you mean to us.

Know that we love you all very much and please keep your Skype account so that we can continue to see your smiling, happy faces.

All of Love,
Carl

Jennifred said...

John, Jennifer and your 4 sweet little girls,
All I can say is welome to Indiana-if God continues you in this direction!
We're a pretty friendly folk up here and know God has a plan in everything He allows in our lives.
I can say from experience God will provide for you and you will not be left homeless or friendless in your new surroundings.
There is a lot of natural beauty in the Evansville area and things to do that your girls will enjoy as part of their homeschooling experience.
I am excited for you!
We will continue to pray for you all.
Love,
Aunt Jennifred

Eilas Photography said...

That's definitely a blessing. I wish the job were back here in TN though. Love you all and praying for you.
~Laurel

Anonymous said...

You stated your concerns and thoughts very well. How we all desire to know what God's perfect will is for us in times like these.
We are all praying out here...and selfishly I would love to have you closer ...3 hrs away would permit trips to visit more often and be able to get in on more of the girls activities. Our God reigns.

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010