Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Let him lead, and I will follow

So here is the update on the job situation. John has accepted the offer from Lifetouch on the sales position in Evansville, IN. We felt that God was providing, we do not currently have any other offers or leads to other jobs and that it would be stupid to turn it down at this point. My biggest concern was and is to see God's hand providing for us in our housing situation. I mentioned that I needed a sign from God to let me know that this was indeed the right thing to do. He is answering prayers so quickly that we cannot deny it. Yesterday, John went to the property management office to talk to them about releasing us from our lease here in NC. We have signed a contract to rent through August and were hoping they would let us out of it earlier than that. Praise God! The manger said all he needed was a 30 day notice, preferably a 60 day notice and that we would receive our deposit back given our final walk through inspection was acceptable. I really wasn't expecting that!
I had already set myself up for disappointment. I figured that it would be another trial to toss around in my head and that there was no way God could answer me so clearly. HA! I was wrong.
So John has plans to go before the girls and I. He will begin work there on March 15th. We still need to find a place for him to live while he is there by himself. Ideas? We really cannot afford to put him in an apartment with two house payments. We did this before when we moved from TN and it drained the finances quickly! We are looking into a travel trailer that he could park at the office or a camp ground. I've also wondered about the idea of finding a room for rent through a local church or something. Anybody know how I could find any leads on this idea?
Again we are trusting in the Lord's provision of the final details that lie ahead. I am still having a hard time sleeping at night, thinking of all that there is to do. I do not like the anticipation of being away from John for several weeks or months. I pray that the girls will do well while he is away and that it will pass quickly. Yet it scares me to think that it will go by so fast and I won't be able to get it all done by myself. So I think of the song I have taught the kids,
"I cast all my cares upon You
I lay all of my burdens down at Your feet
and anytime, I don't know what to do
I will cast all my cares upon You".

2 comments:

Eleanor said...

Wow Jennifer. What a whirlwhind. I am so glad you didn't stop blogging because it is a good way to keep up with ya'll. I hate that you have to move yet again, but I am so thankful God is working it all out. I know it is hard to start all over with friends, church, etc. but God is faithful to consistently surround you with people that love Him. Hope all details continue to go well. We will be praying. BTW, the pictures are absolutely adorable, especially the one with you and Clara Bea! Eleanor

Blessed Mommy said...

Ah my dear friend, God is so awesome! I am sad, yet happy. I am overjoyed to see His hand moving you, yet wishing He was calling you to stay. So many emotions, feelings and yet I sit here and think of just how faithful you are to Him and He is to you. You will make new friends, find a new church, succeed in your work, and above all You will remain true to God and serve Him!!

He has answered your prayers! Praise be only to Him....we will continue to pray for you and help in anyway we can. Love you!

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010