Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Power of prayer

We are in day four of John being home and out of work. So far he has been extremely helpful to me, with doing some of the teaching with the kid's school work. He is our math guy and always has some trick or method for remembering different math facts. Yesterday I decided to go to church for our women's prayer time. Normally I do not attend this meeting because it is a mid-morning time slot that interferes with our school day. But since John was available to stay home with the girls and keep them moving through their school work, I decided to take advantage of the opportunity. I also went for selfish reason, calling upon the mercy of my friends to pray for our situation. It was a nice time away from home and an encouraging time of prayer.
Since Friday, when our news came out, I have also heard from many friends and family members who have interceded for us in prayer. Friends here, whom I do not even go to church with have offered up prayer requests at their churches, friends back home have taken this prayer request to their Sunday school classes, and the word has spread through many different prayer chains. WOW! is all I can say. It is such a delight to know other people are concerned and are asking God to answer this request quickly. Thank you so much for your prayers, comments and kind words. We are encouraged and believe that God's will is being done.

1 comment:

Blessed Mommy said...

I am glad to hear that you can feel the power of prayer. I know many people are taking delight in praying for your precious family. You are loved unconditionally by so many!

Continued prayers for you and your family. And always much love!

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010