Thursday, January 29, 2009

Date Night!

It has been a long time since John and I had had a date night. Something I took for granted when we lived in TN, with family and babysitters to watch the kids most any time. But for Christmas John bought me tickets to the Dancing With the Stars Tour. Included was the arrangement for the children to spend the night with friends which he took care of himself.
We had about an hours drive to Greensboro, dinner at Outback and then off to the Colesium. John had chosen great seats! We were fairly close to the dance floor and stage. The dancers were spectacular, just like the tv show, but much more dancing and costumes. At intermission John saw some people leaving their seats from the red tables surrounding the dance floor. He thought I'll go check and see if they are coming back. He ended up talking to them out in the hall. They were not leaving but said they had two vacant seats at their table that we were welcome to use.
So of course we took them up on it! For the second half of the show we were up close and personal. It was great!
My only regret is that we did not take John's camera. I guess we figured that we would not be allowed to take pictures during the show. But that was not the case, so we captured a few pictures on my pocket size camera that takes halfway decent photos.
It was such a fun night and I hope that I will be able to go again next year. It also made me realize again how important it is to date your spouse now and then. An event he definately planned just for me without thinking of himself. Thank you, my husband, you will always be my best friend!



2 comments:

Blessed Mommy said...

I am so glad that you guys had such a great time. It sounds like you had a blast! What a good hubby!

Justin & Rebecca said...

Wow- your pictures really did turn out well! How fun - and thoughtful of John.

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010