It has been seven months now that we have lived in NC. We have made such wonderful friends here. Friday evening we went to the new members class, welcome dinner hosted by our Pastor and family. It was fun. Of course we made a grand entrance as my youngest tripped and busted her lip only minutes after we had been there. John realized that not all PCA men are avid book readers and found himself in some good company. I have befriended another woman who is also new to the church that is due five days before me. This will be her second child. It is always fun to have a friend that is going through some of the same pregnancy issues along side you. And then we also got to know the pastor's family a little more intimately. They have three girls, their youngest being the same age as my oldest. They are a wonderful example to me and their girls are extraordinary.
Yet today I struggle with homesickness. I made sure to write the above paragraph first, so that God would remind me of the wonderful blessings he has put in my life. But I long for familiar faces, voices, my parents and friends.
I have also been sick with a really bad cough for two weeks now. It doesn't seem to be getting better. I cough so hard that I begin to gag. My children worry about me and ask if I'm okay.
I get to this point where I have no motivation. I don't want to do my daily chores or teach my children or fulfill my work responsibilities at the Y. But because of routine, I guess, I keep keeping on.
My prayer tonight is, Lord send me comfort - physically and spiritually. I can only live this life that you have given me, with You.
4 comments:
Jennifer,
I wish I had some words that could comfort you and take away your homesick, but I can't. I can, however, pray on your behalf that our Lord give you peace, strength, health and endurance through this tough time. Always know that I am here for you, to listen, to talk or just to speak no words, but hold you. I love you my dear sister! Kassandra
I love you sweet one. I wish I was there to comfort you too. I have to say I have had some of the same sentiments you are experiencing over the last 6 wks. It is strange we both got what seems to be the same exact illness. I miss family,of course ya'll first and then from back home,and my sister. Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here anymore...I am here and see familiar faces but my life has changed so much. Now I am in what still feels like an unfamiliar and "strange" family, not mine and what I am use to. Bless you and we can pray for each other. You light up my life and so many others.
Forgot to sign "anonymous" last time but I know you already guessed..."Mom". Your blogs are very comforting and so well written. Don't underestimate yourself. God knows your all about your feelings and you are His. He WILL bless and keep you in these days ahead. Love, Mom
i'm so sorry-i know it's hard and being pregnant and sick doesn't help with the lack of motivation! i miss you too-we went to michelle's today and drove past your old neighborhood and the kids were all talking about your house and the girls... i'll pray for you and call if you feel like talking!! love you, emily
Post a Comment