Happy New Year!
I am excited about the beginnings of a new year. Seems like a great time to clean the slate and start anew. I had been struggling from Thanksgiving til Christmas on doing lesson plans, and even doing school work at all with the girls. It was mostly due to the fact that I was sruggling with 1st trimester fatigue and nausea, but I'm hoping to turn a corner and start our new semester off right. I read through some of our history lessons and got excited again. I am now trying to reevaluate the schedule. I get sressed out when everything doesn't get done. That is, the things that I have planned for a day and what actually gets accomplished. So I am going to relax our load of work for Mondays - that seems to be our hardest and busiest day. I've decided to put some of the more time consuming subjects on Tuesdays and Thursdays. These days we have less going on and more of the morning to work at home. My biggest goal is to be more diligent at giving my daughters their piano lessons. Since we moved this has been one thing that has fallen to the waste side. For one, it requires more of my personal time and attention in the afternoons. Why that is so hard, I do not know.
Well, thanks for reading. The one thing that I do know, is that I will not be able to do it on my own, but only through Christ who strengthens me! I pray that your endeavors for this new year are successful and part of the plan that God has laid out for you.
3 comments:
Yeah...I am the first one to leave a comment this time! You blow me away ...tears, smiles! I am your #1FAN! I am so proud of you...you write so well. It inspires me!
I am still trying to figure out how to sign off on the blogging..first comment was me, your Mom!
I hear ya on the lesson plan thing, and I don't have a pregnancy to blame it on! So what's my excuse? LOL
I'm glad you're feeling better an I hope this semester is a good one for you. I try to keep Mondays low-key, too. Made that decision years ago. Helps to really honor the Sabbath without worrying about getting a bunch of stuff done to be ready for Monday.
Great post!
Post a Comment