Monday, August 11, 2008

The Beach, just what the doctor ordered!




Our new dear friends invited us to the beach. We were a little leary at first because after all, when someone invites you on vacation with them that's a big step in a relationship. Well, we decided that what the heck, we would go for the weekend.
The family that invited us had access to a beautiful house in Pawleys Island. Along with us, they also had another family coming. There were three families in all - 6 adults and 12 children. It was great!
I was having so much fun that they convinced me to stay for the week. John went back to work until Wednesday and then met me again for the later part of the week. We played on the beach, at the pool, at the local community lake where we went fishing, and of course plenty of trips to enjoy ice cream. The funnest part was that they rented two golf carts for getting around the private community. This was the kids and the adults favorite part. All the children got along well with each other and the adults would stay up late each night playing games and laughing.
I cannot express to you how huge of a blessing this was for our family. We were able to laugh and play and really bond with new friends. We felt like we've known these families now our whole lives and it's only been a couple of months.

2 comments:

Blessed Mommy said...

I am so glad to see you blogging again. :) I have been anticipating a post from you and this one just makes me smile and giggle all the more. God really is good and He used this trip not only for your family, but for mine too. It was a Blessing being with you guys. I feel as though I've known you guys forever. God always seems to give us friends like this just when we need it and I think this was a perfect example of His Unfailing Love.

Hugs and Blessings, Kassandra

Anonymous said...

We had a blast!

My lovely wife is still talking about the "golf cart" adventure!

Carl

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010