Okay just when you least expect it, that is when the blessings come in. I went to a training last night for a curriculum that I will be using this year to school my kids. I had tried to buy the kit online and the credit card was declined. I tried to buy the book used, at a local bookstore, and there was none. I was supposed to be doing some prereading in the text before showing up at this class. I emailed a friend to let her know that I was unable to get the book ahead of time and should I still plan on coming. She contacted the instructor and approved it with her and said she would have the core kit available for me to purchase when I got there. So I went. When I received my materials I grabbed my check book from my purse and walked up to the instructor to introduce myself. I told her I was new to the area and thank you for letting me come at the last minute. I asked her for the amount I needed to make the check for and she said, "oh no, that's okay". I repeated myself thinking she had misunderstood me. She said again, "no that is an extra one that is just lying around and no one is using. You can have it".
I almost started crying right then. I was so embarrassed and yet shocked at the same time. How did she know that I needed this so badly? I probably thanked her four or five times before I sat down. But I instantly knew that God was using her for my benefit.
My eyes are open. I can begin to see the littlest things that God does for me each day! For me, this was huge, but in perspective to this world and everyone else in it, it was little. I think it's God's way of telling me, don't worry - I've got everything under control.
No comments:
Post a Comment