We went to Tennesse to visit friends and family this past week. One last trip before the rush of our school year begins. While we were there, the kids got to spend lots of time with their favorite friends. I got to spend some time with my mom and also dinners and lunch dates with friends as well. We had a wonderful time. It almost didn't feel like we had even gone yet. It was too soon to feel the move had happened.
I thought this trip was going to really give me the spiritual boost I was looking for. But the longer I was there, the more I realized, only God can give me the happiness and contentment that I desire. It will not be provided to me by my friends or family members. This made the departure easier. I was finally ready to go home (back to NC) and get on with my life. No more waiting or wishing that summer would last forever. It is time to move forward.
So today is a new day. I am making plans for our school year. Trying to get the apartment in order and things ready to roll is my goal for this week.
1 comment:
Glad to hear you had a good visit and safe travels.
We missed you all on Sunday.
Hope to see you all soon...
Post a Comment