Leading up to our move, there were several references made to "the importance of friends". One was by our pastor, who preached a sermon and talked about the friendship between David and Jonathan and how valuable this friednship was. This was one of the last sermons I heard at our previous church and it really tore me up. I began to question our motives for moving. Maybe friends and family were enough. Maybe we shouldn't be moving away from such a wealth of people that we had around us. Also I considered my children and the friendships they have made. My six year old who really connected to two sweet girls in her kindergarten class begged us not to move away. This was one of those times when I didn't know if it was the devil trying to flood my mind with resistance or was it true knowledge that I should consider.
Now I can step away from those feelings. I really miss our friends in Tennessee. But I still long for the people that I would see on a weekly basis. I never realized how just seeing someone's face was a comfort. Some of this I have been able to cope with by keeping up with friends through facebook. Hearing about a person's day, or seeing a new picture they posted, doesn't make me feel so far away. They seem to be right around the corner or at least a click away on the mouse.
But through this all God has also provided for us. John and I aren't very outgoing, at least at meeting new people. (I know some of you question this, but it's true.) It took us many years to make friendships at Covenant (our previous church). Here in NC we have had two families that have already reached out to us and taken us in. The Hamelinks and the Larsons have been our lifeline. I praise God for providing just what we need. He knew that I wouldn't last long without Godly women to talk too. And not just anyone - the perfect match in character, interests, goals. I can also see how God is providing for my children, sweet friends who love the Lord and are obedient to their parents. And could Anna have asked for anything more? A friend who also shares the love of horses and animals!
2 comments:
We're the one's who have been blessed to get to know your family!
Thank you for the blessing you are to us and already at Harbor.
God Bless!
Your blog entries are a huge blessing to me. It makes all the prayers spoken for you worthwhile.
I love you dear daughter. I am so thankful for how God is showing you these things. You are His and marked by Him. He will NEVER leave you nor forsake you. You shall see!
Post a Comment