Friday, August 22, 2008

Anxious

Today the day has started off badly. I wake up to Kelsey lying in the bed with me, which she has done for the past few nights. She has been running a fever for two days now and this morning has broken into an awful rash. She's burning up. I hate it when my kids are sick!
My next action was to walk into the kitchen. Before I'm fully awake yet, the phone rings loudly.I grab it quickly as to not wake up my still sleeping two year old. It was another creditor. Yes, we've started to received the dreaded calls. Of course they want you to commit to a payment over the phone. I almost want to laugh (maybe in replace of crying) because I honestly have no idea when I can pay them. They have no idea what we are going through, not that it is their fault, they're just doing their job.
This makes me remember back to when John and I first moved into our house. We had our first child and I was going to quit working, but then everything seemed to come crashing down on us. We had overextended ourselves financially. I had to jump back into a teaching position two days before school started. There were other hardships along the way and it took a few years but we made it out of that slump.
I guess what I had taken for granted recently is that we were in good place, financially speaking. I used to think that we had nothing and all our friends could afford so much more. But guess what, we could at least make ends meet at the end of a month and there was something left over. We could eat out, or go to a movie, get a haircut, or simply stop for at Target. I'm realizing that I was never thankful for this. How could I have not known that I was blessed!
I guess my point is that you really don't know what nothing is until you've had nothing. My fear in saying this is that it could get worse. But I honestly feel like I'm already there. I'm calling out to God, "please rescue me! I'm sorry for being so ungrateful for the little things in life. Thank you for my health and my family and all the blessings you give me without my even knowing." Does He hear me?

No comments:

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010