I do not know what the Lord has in store for me and my family especially since we moved away from TN, my home of 30 years. In June of 2008 we moved to North Carolina where our lives continued with everyday trials and triumphs. Now two years later, we find ourselves again in new place, Evansville, Indiana. The following words are just a journal of the events, emotions, and every day sort of things that have happened along our way.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Running
I have decided to pursue a fitness goal of mine that I've had for a while now. I have registered myself for a half marathon race here in Evansville on 10-10-10. In order to prepare for this I have started training for the race by running on the weekends. My dear husband has also agreed to run with me. (I kind of talked him into this- he doesn't like to run.) We have both been taking a boot camp class at the YMCA over the summer. It is a great conditioning class. But I also needed to work on my endurance for the long runs. So I marked in my calender how many miles we have to run each weekend adding a mile each week. Today we ran 6 miles. Neither of us have run this far before. I did the six miles in 57:20. Yes, I'm bragging on myself a little. I'm just really excited about this and realize that I owe all my strength to my Lord and Savior. To God be the glory!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment