Thursday, July 29, 2010

Kids are gone

So our girls are having their yearly summer vacation with Grammy and Pop Bill. This year they took all four girls for two weeks. The girls look forward to this time. They have so many wonderful memories that are created with their grandparents from camping in the RV, driving the golf cart around Chunky, MS, going to the fair and various camp grounds, and much more. Hopefully Grammy and Pop Bill won't be completely exhausted when the kids are returned.
I have some friends who just can't imagine doing this - by "this", I mean sending your kids away for two weeks. There is a part of me that feels a little guilty but then there is also a part of me that rejoices. It is a time of renewal. I am free to live at my own pace, enjoy foods that I normally wouldn't cook for myself, less laundry, more wine, evenings alone with my husband, and time to prepare for school and fitness classes without feeling guilty of steeling time from my children.
This year I have devoted one week to fitness. I have had time to choreograph new routines and find new music. I have been able to take extra classes and visit other instructors. I am also training a fellow zumba instructor this weekend as well. It has been nice to not feel under pressure to get it done.
Next week I plan on organizing the school room and writing out lesson plans. I always take a little time to go through the kids rooms and declutter them. I am hoping to also have some time to spend with my new sewing machine.
It makes me wonder what in the world did I do when John and I had no children. What did we do with all of our time? Think of where I could be today if I had spent some of that time more wisely. Oh well - retrospect is always so much clearer.
So for all you mommies out there - my recommendation to you is: Take some time for yourself! You deserve it.

No comments:

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010