Easter weekend felt a little different for us this year. John came back from Indiana for the holiday weekend. It was great to have him around. Friday he took the girls to a movie, a daddy/daughters date. We caught up with our friends, the Larsons, for dinner that evening- felt like old times. Then on Saturday we went to the state park for a picnic lunch, some hiking, a dip in the lake, and just good family fun. Then John took me to dinner Saturday evening so I could get-a-way from the kids for just a bit. Sunday morning was the usual rush for church, with the added fun of Easter baskets. John took the girls out for breakfast to their usual spot for donuts. We enjoyed Easter lunch with our friends again and then had to leave earlier than we normally would have in order to get John on the road. All of us cried at his departure. It was so good to have him around that it was hard for us to let him go again. I busied myself this afternoon with packing some closets. It seems to make the time go by faster when I'm depressed.
All in all, it was a great weekend! I felt a little guilty though last night. I usually try to incorporate some Easter activities that reinforce the religous meaning to the holiday. This year I felt like we did nothing to celebrate Easter. It was more about Daddy being home. Oh well, there is always next year. We did however get a few pictures for you to enjoy.
1 comment:
The pictures are beautiful! You have such a beautiful family...inside and out! I'm so sorry that you had to say goodbye to John again, but its the last time. Next month you will all be together again and you will reap the rewards of being good and faithful to the Lord. I know I am so encouraged by your walk and faith through this move and I'm praying for you every step of the way.
Post a Comment