Friday, April 30, 2010

Being without a computer

I have been packing like mad around here. Thanks to some dear friends they have offered to watch the girls for me on several occassions so that I can get it all done. John flies in today and the loading weekend will begin.
In the midst of it all my computer has died. We think the hard drive has been fried. I feel like I've been cut off from some aspects of my life. I also had our home phone disconnected this week as well. So anyone who wanted to get a hold of me had to know my new cell phone number. (This was kind of nice.)In some ways it has been frustrating to not be able to look up what the weather was going to be like for the day or check my banking, check emails for soccer game schedules and so forth. I didn't realize how much I depended on my computer for many details in my life. However, God has a purpose in everything and I think that for me this time it was so that I would have no other distractions. I have been able to stay focused on my work here and the things I had to accomplish before this move without wasting time on facebook or computer games.
I'm not sure how often I will be able to blog during the next week or so. We don't have an internet connection at the house in Indiana YET! Appartently AT&T doesn't service the area we will live in - wow, we must really be way out in the country. LOL
For the next couple of days I may take advantage of my friends computer to update the blog.
The emotional roller coaster is about to begin, starting today with our last class at PE at the YMCA. Tomorrow I have a big zumba party at the Y and then Sunday is a farewell lunch at church. A lot to take in during the next couple of days.

No comments:

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010