This weekend has been a marathon of activities, packing and loading, and goodbyes. Friday we had our last day at the homeschool PE class that we have been involved with from the first day we moved here. I was one of the teachers and of course my children made many friends through the class there. Tears were shed as we said goodbye to some of the homeschool moms and their children. Then Saturday I taught a marathon class at the YMCA. One hour of Turbo Kick followed by another hour of Zumba. Many of my class participants came to bid me farewell. I left there to join the loading crew at the house to help load the moving truck. Fortunately I was well prepared and the loading went smoothly and quickly. However we were disappointed that all of our "stuff" did NOT fit onto the truck this time. Because we already have friends following us to Indy for the move, they are being gracious enough to allow us to use their utility trailer one more time to transport they "left over" things there.
Then there was this morning at church. Our last day to worship at Harbor Presbyterian in Mooresville. The Elders shared in saying some nice prayers for us, it was my last day to play the keyboard (and we sang some of my favorites). The children's choir also sang in the service today. One of the songs that I taught them was The Blessing. May the Lord bless you and keep you and make his face shine upon you and give you peace. These words the children sang and it brought tears to our eyes.
Tomorrow I will be saying goodbye to some more of my homeschool mom friends in Statesville. These ladies I have become very close to in such a short amount of time. They have helped watch over Clara Bea since she was first born and my girls have made such sweet friends - 0nes they are having a very hard time leaving.
I am most thankful that the last goodbye I will have to say will not be until I get to Indiana. It is our dear friends who are helping us move. I cannot imagine finding another family like this one anywhere else in the world. They have given so much of themselves to us and our children. They have loved us unconditionally and I do not want to lose them. They are the kind of friends who are closer than family - so much so that they have become our family. We have already become nick-named as the aunt and uncle for their children and the same for ours as well. I know their presence during the move will make the transition so much easier. I pray that it will be a joyous time together with even more memories created in the days to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment