I have many things to update you about so I decided to do them as individual posts, like chapters in a book. So I will start chronologically with the events of the day for last Thursday.
We had spent the week swimming each day, taking advantage of the pool here at the apartment complex. Each day was spent with a different group of friends, so we had kept pretty busy. We were also in the process of submitting a rental application for a house here in Statesville that we looked at and really liked.
I decided to be up front about our credit issues with the property management agency. We had since realized that this was the reason for our last denial. So I wrote a letter that we submitted with the application, just stating our intent to pay the rent on time and that we were basically a nice family that would take care of the property well. I had even considered puting a picture with it but then thought that might be a little much.
Well, John turned it in on Thursday morning and he was called back within an hour. They called to ask us when we wanted to sign the lease! Praise God! He told me the news early afternoon. We had friends here at the time that had come over to swim. She commented that wouldn't it be great if we got a house and went into labor on the same day. Little did she know...
Along with each victory, there have been set backs. When we returned from the agency after signing the new lease, we decided to stop by the apartment office to notify them of our move out date. When John came walking back to the van I could tell he was frustrated. "What's wrong now?" I asked. The apartment complex has us signed to a lease agreement through the end of August. Apparently when John moved into the apartment it wasn't available until the 5th of June, this making it not a full month, so the 14 month agreement wouldn't end until August.
The property management office has been so kind and very nice in the whole process that we really didn't want to change anything to jeopardize that situation. We are trying to figure out how we will yet again be able to financially manage double months rent for July and August. I give it to you God, trusting that you will provide for us.
One cool little thing that happened yesterday. I got our monthly utility bill in the mail. We have no payment for this month and another $100 credit for next month as well. John had to put down a deposit last summer and we had totally forgotten about it. See the ways in which God provides!
No comments:
Post a Comment