We are home now, adjusting to life with four children. Another blessing - John only had a two day work week this week. He has been able to be at home with us making things a little easier. More evidence of the perfect timing God had for Clara Bea's arrival. Our church friends have set us up with meals coming to our home. My dear friend, who watched our other three children during our stay at the hospital, has outdone herself with gifts and a welcome home banner posted at our door when we arrived at the apartment. She has showered me with love and kindness beyond what I could ever have imagined. THANK YOU!
I am healing quickly and regaining my strength. Clara is nursing well and has already gained four ounces in the two days since we left the hospital. I am adjusting to the night time feedings and am able to at least take one nap during the day to catch up on my sleep. Things are going well.
Yesterday we were awoken by a phone call from my dad. He called to let us know that my granddad had passed away in the night. I was very saddened by the news, partly due to post partum baby blues and also just the same emotion one feels when losing a loved one. My first instinct was to figure out how to get to Illinois for the funeral. By examining the atlas and mapquest we realized it would be a 700 mile trip one way. This was a little too much to handle with a five day old baby. Flights are too expensive with too many stops and connections in between. My last alternative was to drive to Nashville and then ride the rest of the way with my dad. But still a 400 mile trip with a nursing infant was going to be too hard to do by myself. So with the encouragement from my dad, or should I say with strict orders from my dad I have decided not to go. I hate missing this one.
My grandpa Jones was probably my closest grandparent growing up. Even though we lived miles apart, when we were together there was always a close bond between us. I share many great memories of his visits to TN and our visits to IL, the many card games of ukure that were played, and his contagious laughter. I am pleased to know that he now lives in heaven with no more pain here on earth. This day he has waited for for so long.
2 comments:
Clara Bea looks so much like what i remember Em looking like when she was born! what a cutie!
What a wonderful update! God is so good!! I have told you already, but again, I am truely in awe of how perfect God's timing is and especially for you guys with Clara Bea and the house. God can move mountains girl! I know He is already providing for you guys and we will continue to shower you with love and prayers.
Post a Comment