A couple of hours after delivering Clara Bea and the epideral had worn off I began feeling the same severe pain that brought me to tears in my chest and all the way around into my back. The doctor ran some lab tests on my blood. They treated me with pain meds and malox. By late in the evening the Dr. determined that I had symptoms of preclampsia. Usually the only cure for this is delivery. But that had already happened. So he put a magnesium drip into my iv which made me very sleepy, somewhat like a muscle relaxer would do. Nurses and doctors kept asking me if I had heaaches or blurred vision. Apparently the danger was that I could have a seizure or bleeding on the brain or the liver. My blood was drawn about every four hours to check my blood platlet count. It slowly dropped for the next 24 hours.
The good news? Well, I have looked for all the little positives in what was going on. For one I was catherized for the night - so I didn't have to get up to go to the bathroom every couple of hours - you women know what I'm talking about. I was able to lay in bed with Clara and nurse her as often as she wanted which in the long run made my milk come in much quicker this time. They gave me great drugs, so I felt a little drunk most of the time I had visitors. This made me relax. And I got an extra nights stay at the hospital, giving me a little more alone time with Clara.
Thanks to all who prayed for my recovery. I know my mom was very worried especially since she was miles away. It was a comfort to know many of you were thinking about me.
1 comment:
Ohhhhhhhhh...I didn't know you were on drugs when I stopped by the hospital. I just thought you were really, really, really, really happy to see me and my family...hehe.
Just kidding with you. We are so happy that all is going well now and you and Clara Bea are healthy.
God Bless.
Post a Comment