Time is passing quckly. The days go by so fast, already Clara Bea is 5 weeks old. I thought I would be so much further ahead and ready to take on the world again, but I'm not! I can't seem to get anything done before noon. I've never relied on other people's help this much in my entire life. Right now I feel like I will never be ready to take on our fall schedule with homeschooling, soccer practices, PE and zumba classes, let alone daily household chores.
I thought having child number four would be a breeze, especially with the older girls help. They are helpful especially when they will sit and hold her for 30 minutes while I simply take a shower. But my time is so divided right now. I am nursing so many times in the day, the baby wants to be held all the time, and the others require some of my attention, which they have unfortunately gone without lately. Anna has stepped up to breakfast and lunch duty. She has many times prepared cereal, sandwiches, or spaghettios for her and her sisters. I guess it will take some time to learn a new way of managing the household.
Today some of my girl friends had apparently sensed my stress. They purchased a baby bjorn for me to have. For the fifteen minutes that I used it this afternoon I already was able to accomplish more than I had the whole day before. Clara Bea likes to be with mommy and I guess feels comforted by the bouncing around as I walk from room to room. I think this will be my saving grace in the days to come.
Each mom talks about the transition from one child to two or from two children to three and so on - and which time seemed the most difficult. Well, this is definately my limit! I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that I am a bit of a control freak but four children to manage is going to be about all I can handle. Thank you Lord for knowing my capablities and for giving me the grace to handle it all. May I serve You in all that I do.
5 comments:
I will continue to pray for you and your family. I will especially pray for the transition to fall schedule is an easy one. I know the trials of multiple children and I totally understand reaching your limit....I am right there with you! :) {{HUGS}} God will only give you what He knows you can handle.....I think He and I have a different understanding at times, but He is always right. LOL
you'll do just fine with the transition from 3 to 4. it's not the 3 to 4 part that's difficult- it's the new baby nursing slowly and frequently and the time she requires! Not that it's easy but remember that new baby time only lasts a short time in the big scheme so enjoy it as much as possible. Also, having the older ones who need things other than those a baby needs-you're being pulled in different directions! when the first 2 were little-they were little together and you didn't have older ones who needed schooling etc... I'll pray for you bc it is a job! Don't feel too much pressure to have everything else done-having a new baby is a huge life/school lesson for the other kids:)
Wish I was there to help you out more. Nursing time is so important and I wish you didn't have so much to do! I am praying for you sweetie.
Wish I was there to help you. I will be praying!
I will pray for you, too, Jennifer. I know exactly what you are talking about! We had some hard times and some dark days in our little homeschool when baby Katherine came along. Juggling all the different ages and jobs is so hard. And being sleep-deprived doesn't help matters! Some days you feel like you're just not going to make it.
But you will.
Emily's right - don't fret about homeschooling - there are life lessons to be learned, and having a baby in the house is a natural home-ec class! You have many years ahead to focus on academics. For now, just enjoy this precious time as much as you can. Get plenty of rest; ignore the housework; postpone the start of school a little bit and cuddle that baby some more! Just "do the next thing," do the best you can, and let the Lord take care of the rest! He will - He who promised is faithful; His mercies are new every morning; His strength is made perfect in our weakness.
"Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you." Psalm 55:22
"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:30
Know that you are prayed for!
Post a Comment