Friday, July 10, 2009

Moving Day!

We got the keys to the rental house yesterday. We went over to clean which ended up being a huge task. The house had been sitting vacant for some time so there were many cobwebs and dead bugs to vacuum up, not to mention general cleaning of the bathrooms, kitchen, windows, and hard wood floors. Without the help of some very dear friends I could never have gotten it done on my own.
The house seems huge compared to the little apartment we have been living in for the past year. The kids are so excited and were sad that we didn't sleep there last night. They even discovered a secret hide out place behind a full size mirror in the downstairs bathroom. There is a cutout in the wall and they have made it their clubhouse.
Today I continue to pack the apartment. I feel like things are moving in fast forward right now and I can't keep up. I am not quite as prepared for this move as I'd like to be. And when things are out of my control I tend to panic a bit. Like last night when I was up with Clara Bea for a 2a.m. feeding and then couldn't seem to go back to sleep.
I will post pics of the house soon.

1 comment:

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you and your new digs. You've been juggling a lot this summer and are doing a great job! Clara Bea is precious.

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010