Today I went to a new doctor. It was a great visit. The office staff was kind, the nurse and doctor were very nice and I got to have a small ultrasound. Ahh, the pleasures of private practice doctors.
For now we will assume that it is indeed another girl. There is no other evidence that offers any other possiblity. I am scheduled to have the real, full-blown, mack-daddy sonogram on March 17th. We will get lots of pictures then and can take the kids to see it and so forth.
I left the doctor's visit a bit dissappointed. In my mind I knew it would be another girl all along, but with the way our life has constantly changed over this past year, there was part of me that thought, just maybe it was going to be a boy this time. I am sad for my husband yet glad that I'm not the wife of a king - you know the books and the movies - the ones that could not conceive a son and then were dismissed. Don't misunderstand me, my husband is a wonderful man and he loves me and our girls dearly. He couldn't be a better father to them. It was just a bunch of emotions running through me all at once.
And then I sat down to write this posting... Do you hear the song playing? For some reason I had trouble getting it to work for my last post about Emily's birthday party. But when I opened the blog today and I heard this song, I realized God had intended it for someone else, or maybe just for me to hear today.
I know that you are God's creation inside me and that He made you exactly who He wanted you to be!
1 comment:
I have tears streaming down my face. What a blessing "she" will be indeed to your family. I love you so much, like my own sister, and after having 4 girls myself, I know what you are going through...I knew yesterday what you felt, but GOD is faithful and He has made her in His image. You are the BEST mommy and I know that this new life is loved already so much. May you be filled richly today with God's spirit and love!
Post a Comment