Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Yesterday I was inspired bu my husband who thoroughly cleaned out his car. Of course his car is his office and can get pretty cluttered most of the time. But he brought everything in to neatly reorganize and file into some rubbermaid tubs and crates. He even did some touch-up paint jobs on the sunroof and tail-fin of his little beat up car and installed some new airlift pistols on his hatchback that had not worked since he owned the vehicle.
So today I decided to tackle the job I most dislike - changing out the winter to summer clothes in the closets and drawers. With three girls, I save quite a bit of things to pass down from one child to the next. Of course sometimes a couple of years will lie between when one recieves them. I started with the two youngest girls, whom share a room. Somehow my middle child ended up with a load of clothing for this spring and summer. The youngest was given a few things from some friends, so she is also well stocked for now. My oldest daughter had waited patiently for me to come to her room next, every now and then asking, "Is it my turn yet? was sorely disappointed to find that there were no "new" clothes for her in any of the rubbermaid tubs. You could see the disappointment across her face.
I felt so bad. I tried to explain to her that she is the oldest and there isn't anyone to pass down the clothes to her but that usually she is the one to get new ones. It didn't seem to help and for now, most of her dresser drawers lie empty. So I bought a few summer tops and a pair of shorts online from Old Navy. Hopefully they will arrive in the mail in the next few days. I also happen to know of a box that will soon arrive from her Grammy with some things from her cousin in it.
For now I am done with the project and will work on my own closet later. My back hurts and I'm a bit cranky. I'll save the rest for later.

2 comments:

Carl said...

So...did I read right that John actually cleaned out his car? I was wondering what that chill was under my feet...

Jennifer@DoingTheNextThing said...

Bless her heart! ON had some cute things in the store, too. Found some goodies there for M, too, who had the same problem this year - outgrew almost everything from last year!

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010