Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's final ? !

Well, we are truly, no longer TN residents - Yesterday was the big closing on the sale of our house. It feels good for it to be done. Of course it couldn't have gone down without those last minute struggles. Let me just fill you in on the details...
We had traveled to Nashville a couple of days early to complete the last few repairs and move out the furniture items that had been left behind. It went rather smoothly. Saturday was the final walk through. We heard nothing so we assumed everything was still a "go". Sunday we spent hanging with friends. Mid-day John realized that we had forgotten to get receipts from our contractor. These were rather important for proof that the inspection report repairs were indeed completed. Monday morning we stopped by the house before closing to load the pickup truck. John also had to finish installing a garage door eye. We arrived to discover the electricity had already been turned off. John continued to work while every few minutes stopping to call the contractor. We continued to call the contractor every two to three minutes for the next hour and had been calling since the day before. We were both stressing! All we could think of, was this was going to be the detail that breaks the deal.
Five minutes before we arrived at the Title Office we finally heard from the contractor. He decided to drive to our location and deliver the receipts. Praise the Lord! We continued with the closing proceedings but not without realizing a mistake in the paperwork. We had to have it changed. After out part was over it still didn't feel done. We knew that the buyers were coming in for their part after us.
In the meantime, we had mentioned our loaded down truck to our realtor. "Know anybody who needs a couch?" my husband says. "Well, actually I do". replied our realtor. So on the spot we decide to deliver the couch in the back of our pickup truck to a needy family who had no furniture. On the drive there, I was quite emotional. I wanted to burst into tears, I think mostly from the stress of the day. I was really discouraged about the amount of money we were going to receive for the house. It was much lower than we thought it would be. So to make matters even worse, as we are sitting at a stoplight, a Metro cop pulls up behind us. Great! Our tags are expired and he pulls us over. Yes, he wrote us a ticket and then sent us on our merry way. What can you do but laugh.
We are still waiting for the actual deposit into our bank account. I've checked it a few times today already. Why do I still feel nervous? Because at this point I feel like anything is possible.
I apologize if this post is unorganized in thought - but today it is about getting it out, so I can release it. I'm wanting to let go, but am having a hard time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen- Your mom just let me read your blog from today. (You have a gift for writing.) That was certainly a stressful 2 days for you guys but God was(is) faithful. He can be no other way! (You'll see the bucks transfer-- takes a few days). It was great seeing Emmy and Kelsey (maybe Anna next time?). And as always, it was our privilege to pray when the Enemy was throwing rocks in your road. Love, Mike

Anonymous said...

Your blogsite is really fantastic. It makes me feel connected to you. We will continue to pray and thank God the contractor did show at the last minute. Glad you called for prayer just before that. I called 2 or 3 others to quickly pray.
Thanks be to our God! Love you so much. Mom

Blessed Mommy said...

So glad it's over....we missed you here. We were praying for you guys all along without even knowing the struggles that you were going through. God is faithful!! Can't wait to see you soon. Blessings,

Anonymous said...

So sorry it had to be stressful-i think it's normal anytime you sell a house to be emotional and it will pass! it was great to see you all this weekend and Margaret really felt the same way-we all had so much fun hanging out Sun night! we miss you and know we'll see you again soon.

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010