Friday, September 12, 2008

Doesn't take much!

Well, it doesn't take much to turn a good mood around. Yesterday I discovered an electronic check written against our account for an amount that I did not have record of. After investigating it a little further we have come to the conclusion that it is a fraudulant check. Whoever it was, took John's nickname that he only goes by at work, used it as the name on the account, had our routing number, account number and old TN address and cashed a check for $400. Honestly, I'm glad it wasn't for a larger amount and I know I should be thankful but it still makes me mad!!
So yesterday we had to go down to the bank (with all three kids) close our current accounts and open new ones. Now I have to change all our direct deposit payrolls, contact all our automatic bill withdrawals, and write new checks to those that are still out. What a pain in the butt! And yet again my faith is tested, when I ask, "Why me, Lord?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is up with that???? a little weird and scary. so sorry for the hassle-that is a headache. you're right tho'-it could have been worse. where was the check written too and was it one of your actually checks?

Melissa said...

Check your credit reports too. Also you can let the credit bureaus freeze your credit so no one can open a new account without your authorization. It's a little hassle but it's worth the protection.

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010