Our dear friends from NC drove ten hours to Indiana to visit us for almost a week. A couple of months ago I invited them to come with us on a field trip to the Creation Museum, thinking that they would decline but hoping it would be enough to entice them to make the trip. When they replied with a yes - I was ecstatic.
We had so much fun together again. We kept the tradition going with late night games and laughter and just silly things that we do when we are together. All 13 of us shared one bathroom for six days and it didn't even seem to be an issue. Ok, except for the one time that one of the little ones forgot to close the door while using the potty, while her daddy was in the shower and I accidentally walked in. He was patiently and quietly waiting behind the curtain til everyone left. LOL - whoops!
We introduced them to a little Indiana culture - like the Rural King. We also had a fun day at the park and the kids enjoyed the chickens in the backyard. Our day trip to the Creation Museum was a success. It is really a wonderful place to see, if you have never been I highly recommend it.
As always when we are together one of the kids got sick. I guess our odds are fairly high that one of the nine will catch something. Unfortunately it fell upon Kelsey this time. She ran a high fever for a couple of days and was pretty lethargic but has bounced back nicely. Not sure what it was - something viral I guess, just glad that the rest of us didn't get it!
Since they have been gone the house seems empty and quiet. But I look forward to many more family gatherings with them. I just hope the time between visits is short.
1 comment:
We really enjoyed the visit. Thank you all so much for having us. Can't wait to get together again soon.
Post a Comment