Friday, October 8, 2010

Preparations for The Run

Well, my training time is over. I'm hoping that I have put in enough time and effort to make it through my first half marathon on Sunday. I am excited and anxious at the same time. I know that when I run in a big group event like this I tend to run at a little faster pace than I normally do and hopefully I will not wear myself out to soon on the course.
John had begun the training process with me this summer. Unfortunately he never finished training for the long runs but he has decided to join me anyways. He said he will run and walk when he needs too. I never made it past ten miles myself so I'm wondering what the last three miles will be like on Sunday. The goal I have set for myself is 2 hours and 15 minutes. I figure if I can finish in that amount of time I will be satisfied with a ten minute mile pace.
My mom is traveling here this afternoon. She is going to stay home with the girls on Sunday morning during the race. I'm so glad that she will be here. It relieves my mind to not have to worry about the kids plans and I will be able to focus on the run.
John and I would love for you to send up a prayer for our health and safety and speed Sunday morning when you wake up. We should be running from 7 to 10 a.m. central time.

No comments:

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010