We took a trip to Nashville this weekend. My Mom had taken my second daughter home with her after her trip up here too see us on Mother's Day. So we decided to all go as a fanily to visit for the weekend. This was the first time I had been home this year. I hadn't been to Nashville since October - which was a quick drive thru visit. We were of course amazed to see all the flood damage and hear all the stories from our friends and family.
My favorite part of our visit was going to church on Sunday morning. It is always so fun for me to be able to see so many people that I don't normally get a chance to connect with during a normal visit home. So many people that were a part of my life in a small way but a blessings to me regardless. Even a trip to the local Target made me miss home. Just walking through the store I would recognize faces of people I worked with at the YMCA or from other areas of my life. The hard part is that it impacts the feeling of being alone even more. I don't know a soul here in Indiana. I have no emergency contact person. As a mother it puts an element of fear in my life that I should not allow.
But for now I am delaying the process of settling. We are taking a trip to the beach! John's cousin is getting married in Daytona Beach and Kelsey is going to be the flower girl in the wedding. So my preparations for the LONG trip begin this week. I will be packing and doing laundry for the next few days. I will travel to pick up John's mom in Mississippi first on Thursday. We may stay an extra night there to break up the roadtrip. Then we will travel half way on Saturday and finish the journey to check in on Sunday. One week of sand and sunshine will remedy my loneliness! John will fly down and meet us there next week and then it will be a marathon journey home - how many hours, you ask? Not sure and at this point it may be better to Not Know. At that point, life in Indiana will begin.
1 comment:
We would love to have you all come visit on the way home and break-up the trip home. I pray you have safe travels to the beach and enjoy the sun and sand! Love you all!
Post a Comment