Wednesday, May 12, 2010

windows in the sunroom


Yesterday I washed windows and screens and cleared away the cobwebs. My project for today was sewing some curtains for the windows in the sunroom. This room runs along the front of the house. It will be used as our school room / office. However the lights from across the street shine in brightly at night and since we live on a main highway, it will also serve for privacy. Again during the day the sun shines through so it will also provide a bit of shade to cool the room during the warmer months. I used the white fabric that was left here as a basic curtain. It was previously hung with safety pins and hooks in no certain style - obviously used more for purpose rather than decoration. I also took some fabric that I had made valances out of for our previous house. They had hung in our kitchen before. I needed about three more to finish off the length of the room. I found the same beading at Joanne's fabric last night - a miracle indeed. Here is how it turned out. I may still add some hooks to be able to raise the white curtains when needed. I also thought about adding some silk sunflowers here and there - we'll see, that may be a bit much.

1 comment:

Blessed Mommy said...

I love it! I can see it all the way around and it looks GREAT! I'm so glad that you got to use those curtains from the kitchen, they are so pretty. Great job on getting it done so quickly. I know it feels good to get things accomplished...it will feel like home in no time!

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010