I do not know what the Lord has in store for me and my family especially since we moved away from TN, my home of 30 years. In June of 2008 we moved to North Carolina where our lives continued with everyday trials and triumphs. Now two years later, we find ourselves again in new place, Evansville, Indiana. The following words are just a journal of the events, emotions, and every day sort of things that have happened along our way.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Beginning details of the move
Today John called the utilities in IN to make sure he would have water, electrcity, and gas hooked up and ready to go when he arrives this weekend. I guess it made this process seem a little more real today. No longer are we just talking about it but doing it now. He will leave on Saturday with as many things loaded down in the back of his pick up truck as he can handle. He is moving straight into the rental house that we will be living in when we all get there. It is a seven room house, about 1650square feet, two bedrooms, kitchen, dining, den, bonus rec room, and get this - ONE BATHROOM! LOL Yes a family of six is moving into a one bathroom house with one toilet! John and I even had a two bathroom apartment when we got married, so this will be the first time that we have all had to share a bathroom in our entire marriage. We might have to invest in a port-a-potty that sits in the garage. There is by the way a double garage and a full unfinished basement to the house, so there should be room for storage. Only other draw back is there is no dish washer - guess who gets a new chore added to their lists?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm both excited and saddened. I'm so grateful to the grace that God has shown your family in providing for you every step of the way, but so sad to lose your sweet family. We really enjoyed our trip to Virginia with you guys. The memories made there will forever be in our hearts. If you need anything I am just a phone call/text away! Love you guys!
Maybe the 3 big girls would be willing to take over the dishwashing and drying! I rarely use ours and this is the first house I have one. I am praying for all the details. It is a good thing Anna and Emmy are old enough to help with chores now, even Kelsey. Maybe you can make a game out of it or have incentives.
Post a Comment