Well, we have made it through five days now without John here. We have stuck to the routine of life with our school schedule and PE, soccer practices, piano lessons, church activities and so forth. We miss him. The girls don't say too much about it. I think the older girls internalize their feelings more than the younger ones. They have both cried more over silly things this week than they usually do. In fact one daughter told me this morning that she just felt like crying and didn't know why. I told her it was because she didn't want to do her spelling assignment and to get busy! (I know I'm so syampathetic.)
Last night at bedtime my 4 yr old asked me if daddy was going to kiss her goodnight when she lived in Indiana. I told her, of course he would tuck her in and kiss her goodnight EVERY night in Indiana. And in the mornings when I bring the baby to bed with me, because she's awake and I'm not quite ready to get up, she will look around the room and into the bathroom as if to say, "where's daddy?"
Right now I think it is harder on John to be alone though. He has no satelitte or cable service at the house yet, no internet, and no one to talk too. He will call and wonder what all the racket is in the background. Just the kids playing. He says he forgot how noisy it is at the house and that he probably won't be able to hear all the highway traffic coming and going when we finally arrive there. Something to look forward too, I guess.
1 comment:
I started to cry when I read this one. I am sorry things worked out this way - but it is for a short time and we will be together very soon.
Post a Comment