I do not usually like to veer from my schedule too much, especially when I have my lesson plans already written for the next several weeks. But this week, I felt the need to just do something out of the ordinary. Wednesday we splurged on a matinee to see High School Musical 3 at the movie theater. We went with some friends, the girls wore their HSM t-shirts, and we had a lot of fun. Today we went on another outing to Patterson's Farm. With the whole agrarian tour - barns, animals, wagon ride, pumpkin patch, playground, corn silo, hay bails - we did it all. Tomorrow being Friday, which is usually our "light" day for school work, we have yet again some fun things planned. I've made sure to incorporate a little school work into each day but realize that the teacher (being me) needs a break every now and then too. I am trying to convince myself that one math lessoned missed or a couple of chapters behind in their readers isn't going to hurt. So to all you other homeschool moms out there - take a break, do something fun, it's OK!
I do not know what the Lord has in store for me and my family especially since we moved away from TN, my home of 30 years. In June of 2008 we moved to North Carolina where our lives continued with everyday trials and triumphs. Now two years later, we find ourselves again in new place, Evansville, Indiana. The following words are just a journal of the events, emotions, and every day sort of things that have happened along our way.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
The Pumpkin Patch
I do not usually like to veer from my schedule too much, especially when I have my lesson plans already written for the next several weeks. But this week, I felt the need to just do something out of the ordinary. Wednesday we splurged on a matinee to see High School Musical 3 at the movie theater. We went with some friends, the girls wore their HSM t-shirts, and we had a lot of fun. Today we went on another outing to Patterson's Farm. With the whole agrarian tour - barns, animals, wagon ride, pumpkin patch, playground, corn silo, hay bails - we did it all. Tomorrow being Friday, which is usually our "light" day for school work, we have yet again some fun things planned. I've made sure to incorporate a little school work into each day but realize that the teacher (being me) needs a break every now and then too. I am trying to convince myself that one math lessoned missed or a couple of chapters behind in their readers isn't going to hurt. So to all you other homeschool moms out there - take a break, do something fun, it's OK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad that I could be a part of your venturing outside of the box! hee hee We really had a great time! Truthfully, for us, this is what homeschooling is about...learning hands on and not so much sitting at a desk with school papers. I love your pictures and the new slide show is AWESOME!! Love ya! K
Post a Comment