This year we celebrated the 4th of July weekend at home in Tennessee. Special thanks to my brother and sister-in-law for letting us crash at their home. I had a great time with my marathon runner, sister-in-law and her friends. She let me join them in Loretto for a 5K race on Saturday morning. It was fun and I had a good run. It will be a good way for me to judge whether or not I improve my pace when I run another 5K in August. John and I have been taking a boot camp class to get us back in shape. Our goal is to be ready to run a half marathon in October and then a relay race from Chattonooga to Nashville in November (we will just be 2 runners on a 12 man team).
I was also able to visit with my Mom and step dad, who is currently recovering from hip replacemnet surgery. He looked great. Sunday we enjoyed visiting our old church home and lunch with my Dad. Then that evening we attended a cookout at our friends home with the local fireworks display to follow. I enjoyed reconnecting with good friends. We drove back this morning and are all exhausted. Not sure why - maybe it's the heat. Anyhow we skipped boot camp for tonight and will all be going to bed early.
Hope everyone had a joyous holiday weekend!
1 comment:
we were so glad y'all got to come-wished we could have had more time. hope you are having a blast in nc!
Post a Comment