There hasn't been much excitement to report in our household of late, just the routine of life. However I find myself very anxious over the future.
We have worked hard to wrap up our school year with the girls. I gave them their first achievement tests last week. This is a requirement here in NC for homeschoolers. It ended up being a very easy task but something I had stressed over for last couple of months. Now it seems to be "no big deal". Funny how that is always the perspective from hindsight.
Anna finished her soccer season. She played with the Homeschool Dragons team this year, the local team made of homeschoolers here in Iredell County. They had some really great players on the team and were able to make it to the finals but lost the last championship game. Emily has finished her dance lessons for the year and has her recital this coming Saturday night. Will be sure to post pictures afterwards. Kelsey has become a little Mommy around the house. She is constantly playing with baby dolls and stuffed animals, wrapping them in blankets and placing them in the bed or car seat carrier.
The car seat carrier has been my recent project. Before we moved we sold all of our "baby supplies" in a garage sale, not feeling the need to carry it with us, because of course, we were done having children. So now I am scurrying to find some of the necessities that we need to have in place before baby's arrival - like an infant car seat carrier. I know some of you mother's have differenting opinions on second-hand car seats but I feel at peace about it. So I shopped a few consignment stores and finally found the perfect one. The girls were with me and they helped pick it out. It was a group effort in taking it all apart and cleaning it up. Anna washed it, Emily helped me disassemble it and Kelsey made sure all the buckles worked. I used some fabric that a friend gave me to fix it up and am proud of it's new look.
I have had ladies at the YMCA ask me about the colors for the baby's room. I laugh on the inside and think - you have no idea. I usually respond with, "well, this is the fourth daughter and she will be sharing a room with one of her sisters", in order to avoid the reality that this baby doesn't even have a bed to sleep in yet. My nature is to plan ahead. This has been so hard because we literally don't have any room. My thought has been that maybe we would be in a house before she arrives but then again we might still be here in the apartment. We have looked at some more rental houses. One which we really liked, applied for, and then got turned down. Surprisingly I didn't freak out. The Holy Spirit has been my comfort and strength. Sure I was disappointed but I was able to look beyond in faith that the Lord has something out there for us in His perfect timing (it just doesn't seem to be in MY perfect timing).
So I wait. Waiting for this baby's arrival, waiting for peace on the selection of her name, waiting for a house to come along, waiting for school to be done and the pool to be open, waiting on answers about the future. Be still my soul, the Lord is on my side.
No comments:
Post a Comment