Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Apartment life, too old for this!

Okay so from about 2 to 5 a.m. this morning or what I would consider the middle of the night, the people above us were playing their music SO LOUD! Worse than that it was some kind of jazz/ rock type sound and then you would here someone practicing over and over again what I assume was a keyboard. Now I grew up with a mother as a piano teacher, so I'm familiar with the wrong note, starting again, kind of background noise but this was so bad. I couldn't believe it kept going on and on. John finally got up and banged on the ceiling with his shoe. After enough "popcorn" had fallen off of the ceiling he decided they probably couldn't hear him above all the music. What a night!
This of course topped off the day before. I had taken the girls to the pool. This was our first trip to the apartment community's pool. As we approached I thought, 'oh, this will be nice, we'll be the only ones here". But oh no, there were two other children and their teenage babysitter. A boy about twelve and his younger sister probably around six years old. He would antagonize his sister with which she would reply in ear curdling screams. The only two sounds that came from her mouth were whining or screaming. What a pleasant, relaxing day at the pool. The apartment maintenance man came by to clean the pool and asked us to step out of the pool for about fifteen minutes. We got out and sat on the lawn chairs but the other children continued to splash around and made disrespectful comments to him. I was horrified. I looked at Anna and told her that if I ever caught one of my children talking to any adult (no matter who they were) like that, they wouldn't be able to sit down for a week! She understood and was rather suprised by their behavior as well.
So this has been our two unpleasant experiences. They both just happened to be on the same day.

No comments:

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010