Tuesday, November 16, 2010

2nd Half

This past Saturday I had the opportunity to run another half marathon. I was feeling a bit hesitant about my decision to do it in the days leading up to the race. I had not had enough time to do as many training runs between the half in October until now. My lower back has also been having some issues and I was thinking it was related to the running. But never-the-less I traveled to Huntsville, AL anyways to run with my sister-in-law and some of her running friends.
I took all of the girls with me. We met John's parents in Huntsville where we camped in their motor home at a local state park. Clara Bea had not been feeling 100% and we had to stop numerous times to change her overflowing diapers on the trip there. She then awoke at 2a.m. with a fever and decided to not go back to sleep until 4. At this point I was wondering how in the world I was going to make it through the race the next day.
But the Lord provides! He gives us strength when we think we can go no further. I really felt like giving up during this race. My feet hurt; I was tired. The only way I can make it through these long runs is to rely on songs and verses of scripture. And somehow it pushes me on to the end. I finished my second half marathon, 13.1 miles in 2 hours 1 minute and 47 seconds. That was slightly faster than my first half and this one wasn't a chipped time event so by my calculations I didn't cross the start line until about a minute after the gun. So I almost beat my time by 2 minutes. Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

Blessed Mommy said...

I am soooooooo PROUD of you!! I don't know how you do it girl, especially being up the night before with a sick baby! You truly are my HERO! Praise the Lord for His strength and provision over you and may He now heal your family of all sickness! LOVE YOU!

Terri said...

Yea! I am so glad to have found your blog. I love reading blogs from other running moms who speak openly abut the Lord. Sounds like you did great on your second half especially in light of caring for a sick little one. So often it seems the Lord uses the most everyday things to teach us to rely on Him. Great job on the PR!

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010