Vacation was a real treat this year. It was a much needed time of rest. However I did put almost 2,000 miles on the van round trip. From Indiana to Tennessee, then to Mississippi and onto Florida and back again made for a lot of driving. Fortunately I had John with me on the way home so I got to ride and even sleep a little on the way back.
We stayed in New Smyrna Beach, right outside of Daytona - provided for us by John's Aunt - thanks Aunt Patsy!!! It was great. The condo sat on the beach with a view of the beautiful water, so we enjoyed playing in the sand, swimming in the pool and the ocean, crab hunting at night, and Anna and I even took a bicycle ride one morning. I also had the privilege of having my wonderful mother-in-law with me. She was kind enough to stay indoors with Clara Bea during the brightest hours of the day while the older girls and I stayed out on the beach. Clara Bea did however love swimming in the pool - I think I will have another fish on my hands.
Saturday we enjoyed the wedding festivities of John's younger cousin and her groom. It was a beautiful wedding set on the deck overlooking the beach with the reception on the top floor of the resort hotel. Kelsey was the flower girl and did a great job overall. She did however freeze up when coming down the aisle and began to cry. She fell asleep in a chair during the wedding ceremony ( it was extremely hot outside, at noon under the layers of her dress) but woke back up at the end to take some beautiful pictures. If you'd like to see some of the pictures of the wedding I will direct you to the photographer's website. www.markdickinsonphtography.com
Click on, view my photos, then click on - other, then click on - Chelsey and Ryan at The Shores. You'll see lots of pictures of Kelsey and some others of our family that made some of the snapshots too.
Well, now that I am back home, it's time to start searching out our place here in Evansville. I started teaching at the YMCA this morning. I may put the girls in a soccer camp the the Y. And then we need to start looking for a church as well. It's always a little sad coming home from vacation. I never like leaving the beach! Seems a little depressing to come home to nobody. We have nothing on the calender now - no events. So come see us - we would love to see a familiar face!
No comments:
Post a Comment