This past weekend I got to enjoy some time away in the beautiful mountains. I went on a women's retreat with some ladies from my church. It was sponsored by the WIC presbytery in the middle NC area. So I also got to meet ladies from other churches in the area. It was a beautiful setting and a much needed time of spiritual renewal. Plus I got to enjoy some girl talk and late nights playing games and just being silly. We are already to planning to go again next year.
I did take Clara Bea with me as I have decided to continue nursing her. I think the stress and responsibility of it all sometimes sets in and becomes overwhelming. She had some long nights before we left but is having to readjust since being home again. She doesn't have the luxury of sleeping with mommy anymore. I've decided that a bottle of formula every now and then is a fine alternative to a happy and less stressed mom. Sometimes when you step away from your life and look at it from a new perspective, things seem clearer. Thank you Lord for giving me answers!
2 comments:
Thanks for going with us on the retreat! I had so much fun! The girl talks were great and the spiritual talks were even better! I loved sharing the weekend with you and Heather!
Glad you had a time to get away and fellowship with other women. Sometimes that is just the Balm of Gilead, isn't it? You do need to give yourself permission to alter feeding plans and schedules when you need to -- Sweet Clara Bea is part of a family and what's good for the family as a whole (and for the Mommy!) is what's best for her, ultimately, no matter what she's fed. ;)
I'm looking forward to our WIC retreat this weekend! Loved my vacation, but am very glad to have some time away from the hustle and bustle!
Post a Comment