I do not know what the Lord has in store for me and my family especially since we moved away from TN, my home of 30 years. In June of 2008 we moved to North Carolina where our lives continued with everyday trials and triumphs. Now two years later, we find ourselves again in new place, Evansville, Indiana. The following words are just a journal of the events, emotions, and every day sort of things that have happened along our way.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Decisions
Sometimes I hate making decisions, especially when they greatly affect the lives of my children. Right now I'm contemplating the length of time I will breastfeed Clara Bea. Of course the first thing to consider is her health and the benefits it gives her, second on my list is the expense that formula would add to our budget each week. But right now I'm feeling very selfish in the matter. She doesn't go long between feedings and gets very fussy at about 2 1/2 hours. This is an exhausting task throughout my day. She also still wakes in the night to be fed. The frustrating part is I know she's not starving, She's gaining weight fine but is just demanding of my time. I'm not sure that formula feeding would solve these issues but at least the burden would be shared. My other secret motivation is to "get my body back". It seems like such a small sacrifice that I should be able to give her me for the first year of her life, but for some reason right now it seems endless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is a hard decision. I will be praying.
{{{HUGS}}} I know it is hard, you are doing such a GREAT job! You are a wonderful mom and even if you decide not to continue breastfeeding that doesn't mean you aren't still giving her yourself. You are still giving, just in a different way. Being a mom to many children is hard, giving, and sacrificial, but your kids are so loved and they know it. :) Remember that you will reap your rewards, you just may not see them as soon as you would like. I love you my friend and I am praying for you.
Post a Comment