Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring Outing

Yesterday I took the girls back to the Biltmore Estates. I had bought a year pass last April when we made our first trip to NC to visit John. At the time I thought we would take advantage of the day trip more often. But last week I was feeling pressured to go again before it expires next week. I looked at my calender and the weather forecast and there was only one option that worked. And it turned out to be a beautiful day!!!
I took my husband's digital camera on which he takes wonderful pictures. But this is me, we are talking about - and for some reason I have no gifts behind the camera. I have beautiful images and ideas in my head of what I want, but can't seem to get my children or the camera to cooperate with me. I was wanting some fun pictures of the girls in the flower garden - and we did get a few, but next time I will be sure to take Daddy with us!
The girls favorite part, of course, was the new Riverbend Farms at Biltmore. They have a farmyard area where you can pet sheep, goats, a baby cow, chickens, and a bunny rabbit. They also have an area that demonstrates churning butter, and a live blacksmith in action. Emily fell in love with one baby goat in particular and carried it around with her. A fun time was had by all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Jen. Pictures are very very good. Love them. I will look at them often I know. Mom

Family Pictures Fall 09

Easter 2010