This week I have been in TN visiting family and friends. It has been a renewal that my spirit needed. I was struggling with the winter blahs and burn out on homeschooling. I needed a change of scenery!
The kids have gotten to see many friends and have overnight sleepovers. (We will catch up on rest when we get back home.) They've also been able to spend a lot of time with my mom. I got to have a girls day out with friends to lunch, pedicure and a movie. Something I haven't afforded to pleasure myself with for a long time. We also enjoyed time at our old church on Sunday, Tuesday morning and Wednesday evening. A taste of the old schedule which I have gladly given up. We got to see the organ pieces being carried into the new sanctuary for the extraordinary organ that will soon be assembled at Covenant Presbyterian Church. It was an exciting event and the girls are excited about seeing it completed the next time we visit.
Thank you to my friends who have cared for my children while spending time at their houses! Thank you also to those special friends who have opened their homes to me and provided places for us to sleep! We have had such a great time.
Tomorrow morning we head back home to NC. We will be sad the vacation is over but also excited to see John again, who we have missed on this trip. If ever you need to just get away I highly recommend it. Take a trip to the place you love and see that someone who makes you smile. It will brighten your outlook on life.
1 comment:
SOOO glad you took and break in Nashville! we had so much fun and hated that you had to go back.
hope it was an easy transition back to school and life---know that you are loved up here!
Post a Comment