Have you wondered why I have not written any recent posts? Well, it has been a couple of weeks now that I have been holding in some news that has hindered my thought process. Along with extreme fatigue and bit of nausea I have tried to carry on with my regular schedule. But the time has come for me to just let it out. Yes, by now I'm sure you have guessed it. There will be yet another addition to the Shand family. I am realizing that God's plan for our family is bigger than what we had anticipated. John and I are trying to accept the idea at this point. I have struggled with feelings of depression this time around and the unknown element of what the future holds. I am not one of those women who particularly likes being pregnant. I struggle with first trimester sickness and the gain of much added weight. I'm trying to figure out if I will be able to continue to teach zumba through this pregnancy. All the particulars that stress me out and yet trying to sit back and accept this gift. I know that children are a gift from the Lord. We look at our other children each day and are in awe of them. The picture that is added to this post is our recent attempt to capture the girls for the yearly Christmas card photo. Now we are realizing there will be another little person in our photo for next year.
I do not know what the Lord has in store for me and my family especially since we moved away from TN, my home of 30 years. In June of 2008 we moved to North Carolina where our lives continued with everyday trials and triumphs. Now two years later, we find ourselves again in new place, Evansville, Indiana. The following words are just a journal of the events, emotions, and every day sort of things that have happened along our way.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Our Family
Have you wondered why I have not written any recent posts? Well, it has been a couple of weeks now that I have been holding in some news that has hindered my thought process. Along with extreme fatigue and bit of nausea I have tried to carry on with my regular schedule. But the time has come for me to just let it out. Yes, by now I'm sure you have guessed it. There will be yet another addition to the Shand family. I am realizing that God's plan for our family is bigger than what we had anticipated. John and I are trying to accept the idea at this point. I have struggled with feelings of depression this time around and the unknown element of what the future holds. I am not one of those women who particularly likes being pregnant. I struggle with first trimester sickness and the gain of much added weight. I'm trying to figure out if I will be able to continue to teach zumba through this pregnancy. All the particulars that stress me out and yet trying to sit back and accept this gift. I know that children are a gift from the Lord. We look at our other children each day and are in awe of them. The picture that is added to this post is our recent attempt to capture the girls for the yearly Christmas card photo. Now we are realizing there will be another little person in our photo for next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so happy to see you posting again! I have been missing you and your family. I needed something to get me through until I see you again...this was perfect. I know all too well how our ideas and God's plan sometimes seem to differ, but know that you are in my prayers daily, and that little blessing you are carrying for the glory of our Creator. He will give you all that you need, just rest in Him and lean on your family and friends to help you.
Love you!! Miss you Tons!
Kassandra
I've been missing your posts! Wow is all I can say!! Praying for peace to fill your hearts and give you rest. I'm excited for you all!
Hollie
Post a Comment